Friday, February 6, 2009

Location, location, location!

I had seen these 3 attached two-family homes advertised as for sale for a very long time. I couldn't understand why they would languish on the market for so long. So I went to have a look for myself. They are on the west side of 60th Place in Maspeth. No Fedders are visible. That's a good start. They did have some SWOs and violations while constructing, though.
Turning north, we have great access to the LIRR.
Directly across the street is this 7-family beauty, nestled behind Schwalbach Building Supply.
Turning to the south, we have a stalled building project. Nice big empty lot. According to DOB records, no permits for new buildings have been applied for.
Well at least the blight was done by a local. Oh wait...that says Massapequa, not Maspeth.
One thing I noticed...the development appears to be very pet-friendly. There were dozens of these guys nearby and on premises.

Everything pictured above was open space previously with the exception of a two-family brick house that was torn down in 2004.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the tree-lined streets. Kind of reminds you of Park Slope, Brooklyn brownstones, doesn't it?